Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Easter Sunday

My very first event as an explorer was the Saturday before Easter. We had to get to the station at 6 in the morning in order to load the utility truck for an event we did at Pantera park in Diamond bar. We had to sll breakfast to the community as well as prepare it. We sold breakfast all morning and my personal job was to serve food. This was the first time i had ever done something like this and at first i was nervous because i had to work with people i never have hung out with them. After the first day of the explorer program, i had realized that this was going to be a team based experience. After the next couple of weeks i really sat down and was thinking about my product and what i have gained from the explorer program. I realized that i had gained a sense of brotherhood as well as teamwork while working with these young men. It came to me that in the future if i do end up pursuing this career, i would have to be able to work with people to get the job done. I believe strongly that the explorer program helped me realize this the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment